It’s official! Summer is here! If you’re like me, you love to make the best of our fabulous summers because, as we all no, they always seem to be much too short. Here’s a top 10 list of great things to do in Sherwood Park!
10. Play sportball, try your hand at gardening or crafts and get in touch with your artistic side in Art Zone by Gallery@501 during the Summer Play Day at Broadmoor Lake Park. The Everybody Gets to Play event runs from 11 am to 2 pm.
9. Get wet and cool off at the RE/MAX Spray Park and Playground, located at Broadmoor Lake Park. The environmentally friendly park features a wide variety of new play structures and is a great way for all children up to 15 years old to spend a hot summer fay.
8. To celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, Strathcona County is participating in the Canada 150 Mosaic Mural Project. Four hundred individual tiles will be painted and will form an eight foot by eight foot mural. Those interested in participating must register by calling 780-467-2211.
7. Get fit with a Summer Class Pass. Strathcona Country Recreation offers unlimited access to 25 of its most popular classes for just $99. Visit www.strathcona.ca/summerpass for more details.
6. Explore the Beaver Hills Biosphere! This unique park at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre has more than 12 km of trails and a whole whack of excellent activities to get you outdoors. Those include geocaching, disc golf and much more!
5. Need to work on your swing? Or just need to sharpen up your short game? Broadmoor Golf Course has courses for both boys and girls as well as men and women.
4. There’s nothing better than a dip in an outdoor pool on a summer afternoon and what better setting to learn to swim! If you need to polish up your front crawl, check out the Hasting Lake Swim@Camp, which takes place at the Hastings Lake Lutheran Bible Camp. For more information, call 780-464-2112.
3. Dust off the bike or your running shoes and explore the vast network of multi-purpose trails that stretch all over Sherwood Park. Bring your pup, because they are all welcome on the trails too!
2. If your dog needs a little more room to exercise and explore, consider taking them to the Deerhound Dog Off-leash site. To find the park, drive three kilometres south of Wye Road on Highway 21, turn west onto Township Road 522 and watch for off-leash area signs.
1. Celebrate Canada’s 150th Canada Day at Broadmoor Lake Park. It’s a huge year and the celebrations will be incredible! There’s way too much to list here, but I’ll give you a little sample of the highlights – laser tag, human foosball, axe throwing, wagon and pony rides, science rockets, archery, petting zoo and, of course, fireworks!
What else are you excited about doing in Sherwood Park this summer? Feel free to comment and let me know!
MLS®, REALTOR®, and the associated logos are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association.
The data included on this website is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed to be accurate by the Real Estate Board. The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.