The curb appeal of your home is one of the most important aspects to focus on in order to attract potential customers to your Sherwood Park or Edmonton property. One of the first things that people notice when they look at your houseis the outdoor spaces of your home, which makes landscaping a vital aspect of your home’s curb appeal. This makes it necessary to spruce up the look of your landscape before listing your house for sale and can up the value of your property by as much as 10 percent.
Typically, homeowners start preparing their house for showing about a month in advance. In this time, you can make sure that everything in your landscape looks perfect and doesn’t give the impression that you did things at the last minute. Here are a few tips that can make a significant difference while selling:
- Add Outdoor Containers You can add large tropical or similar container plants to the entryway of your home or the patio space. These features uplift the appearance of these outdoor spaces. This attracts potential buyers to your house.
- Add a Touch of Mulch One of the best ways of adding colour to your landscape is by installing mulch in your garden beds. This adds a pop of colour and enhances the appearance of the surroundings. The best part about mulch is that it is cheap and extremely easy to use.
- Add Color To make your landscape appear even more appealing, add colour by including annuals with seasonal colours. Pick a colour scheme that fits well with the overall aesthetic of your home.
- Stone-LinedYour Landscaping Beds Stone-lining your garden adds to the aesthetic. The stone features add structure to the space and make it look more appealing.
- Add a Waterfall Installing a waterfall on the patio enlivens the places and adds a very refreshing touch to the atmosphere. You can choose from custom designed ones to complement the styling of your home.
- Shape the Overgrown Shrubs and Trees Not maintaining your garden shows neglect on your part. You can avoid this by doing quick chores like levelling of shrubs and trees in your landscape. This shows that you maintain your garden as well as you do your home.
- Tidy up Your Perennials One of the simplest ways to improve the appearance of your landscape is to tidy up all the flowerbeds. If you have overgrown plantings or decorative pots that seem out of place, re-organize them. Trim and prune all your plants and remove dead or dying plants.
- Fix Any Irrigation Issues Getting irrigation fixed can be expensive, and you do not want the buyers to bear the expense. Keeping your irrigation system well maintained is important; provide all the necessary information of the irrigation system to the buyer. If you have an automatic system, include instructions that specify the use and also recommend the scheduling that had previously worked for you.
Keeping these simple landscaping tips in mind will help you improve the appearance of your home, increasing the chances of a quick sale. When you list your home with Sonia Tarabay, you are guaranteed to receive her 5 Star Service. Sonia’s clients are #1. Through Sonia’s aggressive negotiation and marketing skills, your Sherwood Park or Edmonton home will sell faster, and for top dollar!